IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS & GOVERNING THE PREPAID CARD
Important – Please make sure you have read this Prepaid Card terms and conditions carefully before using the Prepaid Card. By using the Prepaid Card you are unconditionally accepting the terms and conditions listed hereunder and will be bound by them and you accept the onus of ensuring compliance with the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 & Regulations made thereunder, Issuance and Operation of Pre-paid Payment Instruments in India (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2009 (“RBI Guidelines”) as amended / modified / applicable from time to time and any other corresponding enactment in force from time to time.
The Prepaid Cardholder acknowledges and understands that Prepaid Card is being issued to the Cardholder on the basis of the application form.
Card Validity and Cardholder Obligations
- The Prepaid Card is valid for 5 years
- The issue and use of the card shall be subject to the rules and regulations in force from time to time as issued by DCB BANK & the Reserve Bank of India and other Regulators from time to time.
- The issue and use shall also be governed by the terms and conditions contained herein and as amended from time to time.
- Prepaid Card shall be valid only for transaction options, as permitted by the Bank from time to time in India, at POS, Payment Gateway & all Visa ATMs.
- Prepaid Card will be at all times the property of DCB BANK and shall be returned to DCB BANK unconditionally and immediately upon DCB BANK’s request.
- The Prepaid Card is non-transferable and/or non-assignable by the Cardholder under any circumstances.
- You must sign on the signature panel on reverse side of Prepaid Card immediately upon receipt. You must not permit any other person to use it and should safeguard the Prepaid Card from misuse by retaining the Prepaid Card under your personal control at all times.
- The personal identification number (PIN) issued to the Cardholder will be known only to the Cardholder for the personal use of the Cardholder
- PIN number is non-transferable and strictly confidential.
- A written record of the PIN number should not be kept in any form, place or manner that may facilitate its misuse by a third party.
- The PIN should not be disclosed to any third party, either to staff of the bank or to Merchant Establishments, under any circumstances or by any means whether voluntary or otherwise.
- The Cardholder’s Prepaid Card will be debited immediately with the amount of the withdrawal, transfer and other transactions effected by the use of the Prepaid Card.
- Sometimes the transaction amount and / or tips, surcharge or exceptional transaction amount would be debited to your account subsequently / at a later date.
- The Cardholder will ensure that the he has sufficient balance on the Prepaid Card to meet any such transaction.
- The Cardholder shall not be entitled to withdraw funds by the use of the Prepaid Card in excess of amount available in the card.
- The Cardholder will be responsible for transactions effected by the use of the card whether authorized by the Cardholder or not, and shall indemnify DCB BANK and Itz Cash Card Limited ( the business correspondent of DCB BANK) against any loss or damage caused by any unauthorized use of the Prepaid Card or related PIN, including any penal action arising there from on account of any violation of RBI guidelines or any other law being in force in India and / or state continent / territory law being in force in India.
- You are requested to note that the Prepaid Card is valid till the last day of the month and year indicated on the front side of prepaid card. You hereby undertake to destroy the Prepaid Card when it expires/closed by cutting it into 4 pieces through the magnetic strip.
- You can approach any of the ItzCash World outlets for card renewal or closure before expiry.
- DCB BANK reserves the sole right to renew your card account on expiry.
- The Cardholder will inform ItzCash for any irregularities or discrepancies that exist in the transaction details at an ATM / merchant establishment / online transactions within 30 days of the transaction processed. If no such notice is received during this time, ItzCash will assume the correctness of transaction. ATMs / EDC terminals are machines and errors could occur while in operation. I agree to indemnify the Bank for any such machine/ mechanical errors/failures.
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai in India
These fees are not refundable and are subject to change from time to time.
Charges for other services will be levied to the Prepaid Card, at prevailing rates.
Transaction fees for cash withdrawals / balance inquiry and / or other transactions wherever applicable, will be debited to the Prepaid Card at the time of posting debit entry of the transaction amount or at end of day.
The charges / fees applicable on the usage of the Prepaid Card maybe revised/changed by
DCB BANK/ItzCash from time to time without prior intimation to the Cardholder(s).
Any charges / fees appearing in this terms and conditions do not include service tax and or any other cess/taxes as applicable from time to time.
Lost or stolen card
- In the event that the card is lost or stolen, the occurrence must be reported to ItzCash call centre at (0)7666155220 immediately.
- You hereby undertake to indemnify ItzCash/DCB BANK fully against any liability / (civil or criminal), loss, cost, expenses or damage that may arise due to loss or misuse of the Prepaid Card in the event that it is lost and not reported to ItzCash/DCB BANK, or lost and misused before ItzCash/DCB BANK is informed. Provided you have in all respects complied with the terms and conditions, a replacement card may be issued at the sole desecration of ItzCash/DCB BANK at the applicable fee.
- If it is determined that you were grossly negligent or fraudulent in the handling of the Prepaid Card, DCB BANK/ItzCash would not entertain any request for refund / reimbursement of fraudulent usage of the lost / stolen card.
- If any amount is credited to your Prepaid Card based on your representation and / or any information provided by you, the bank would recover the amount from you without any prior notice. You hereby undertake to indemnify ItzCash/DCB BANK fully against any liability, loss, cost, expenses, damage that may arise due to your negligent or fraudulent handling of the card.
- Should you subsequently recover the lost card that has been hot listed, please destroy the old
Prepaid Card by cutting it into 4 pieces through the magnetic strip, as the same cannot be used.
- In case of purchase transactions, a sales slip with the signature of the Cardholder together with the card number noted thereon shall be conclusive evidence between DCB BANK and the Cardholder as to the extent of the liability incurred by the Cardholder and DCB BANK shall not be required to ensure that the Cardholder has received the goods purchased / availed of the service to the Cardholder’s satisfaction.
- ItzCash shall make bonafide and reasonable efforts to resolve an aggrieved Cardholder’s disagreement with an applicable charge indicated in the account statement or as otherwise determined the customer within two months of the receipt of notice of disagreement. If after such effort DCB BANK determines that the charge is correct, then it shall communicate the same to the Cardholder.
- DCB BANK/ItzCash accepts no responsibility for the refusal of any establishment to honor the Prepaid Card.
- This agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of India. All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai in India. Irrespective of whether any other court may have concurrent jurisdiction in the manner.
The Cardholder will be liable for all the cost associated with the collection of dues, legal expenses (should it become necessary to refer the matter to any agent), or where legal resources have been utilized in the resolution of a dispute.
These terms and conditions and/ or the operations of the Prepaid Card issued by the bank and / or the use of the services provided that the card shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and no other nation. The customer and the bank agree to submit to the exclusive Jurisdiction of the Courts located in Mumbai, India as regards any claims or matters arising under these terms and conditions. The banks accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect, for non-compliance with the laws of any country other than the Republic of India. The mere fact that any service can be accessed through internet, mobile or phone by a customer in a country other than India shall not be interpreted to imply that the laws of the said country govern these terms and conditions and / or the operations in the said accounts of the customer and / or the use of any of these services.
Verified by Visa (VBV)
Description of (VBV) –
Verified by Visa provides you with a way of increasing security for online transactions by reducing the chances of fraud for those transactions. Registering for Verified by Visa involves personal information provided by you, which is then used to confirm your identity in connection with future online transactions for which Verified by Visa is used. Verified by Visa also may be used for record keeping and reporting purposes, as well as to help resolve transaction disputes. Your registration data and other personal information are not shared with the merchant.
Limitation of liability
- You acknowledge and agree that, except as otherwise provided by any applicable laws or in
- You agree that DCB BANK/ItzCash shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance or Verified by Visa.
- Under no circumstance will DCB BANK be liable for consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses or other damages, such as any damage to your computer or telephone service resulting from your use of Verified by Visa.
- DCB BANK assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damages to, or any viruses which may affect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or downloading from, any web site while doing online transaction on Merchant’s website.
- You agree that online alerts are sent by the ItzCash/DCB BANK to the mobile number registered for SMS alerts and you shall take steps to get registered for SMS alerts to receive alerts for transactions done on your Prepaid Card.
The above terms and conditions are subject to change periodically at the discretion of ItzCash/DCB BANK.